Love yourself unapologetically
Sometimes this is easier said than done. But why can’t it be as simple as it is said?
2022 is the year of not apologising for putting yourself first and loving yourself first. Being in a complete state of appreciation of yourself is a euphoric feeling. It grows over time from your actions to take care of your physical, spiritual, and psychological growth.
Why is self-care so important?
Life isn’t always as simple as having the perfect routine, perfect job, perfect family, and perfect lifestyle. Let’s be realistic; all of our lives are naturally a little chaotic because no person is perfect, and no person has the perfect lifestyle.
Self-love without the price tag
To get through the hurdles, jumps and slides of every day, the most important thing to do is love yourself, especially if you’re on a budget. Yes, bills need to be paid, and food must be on the table but leaving a small amount for self-love is a long-term benefit being a stress-minimiser.
Even though it may get busy, you must practise self-care, even in its simplest form.
- Taking a bath
- Putting on a face mask
- Take an hour to yourself to watch an episode of your favourite show
- Writing in a notebook – If you don’t have one, get one
- Sleep meditation – YouTube has incredible sleep meditations that get you straight to sleep
- Put yourself first and get a good night’s rest
- Meditate through at-home Yoga or Pilates.
These small acts of kindness made by you, given to you, are seen as an appreciation of those short moments alone from reality. The more you enjoy your own company and take time to practise alone time, the further you’ll prosper mentally and physically.
Simple on Skincare? Use the essentials
If you don’t have an elaborate skin routine, that is ok. To keep things simple and easy to minimise any pressures, the four products you should actively use if you are time-poor are:
Sunscreen to shield the skin from the effects of the sun
Vitamin C Serum to promote the production of collagen
A cleanser to keep the skin clean.
A light moisturiser to keep the skin hydrated.
Nourish your body with food
Having a balanced diet filled with healthy food is not only great for weight loss, but it is also a crucial factor in having a healthy gut, skin, and mind. Most processed foods contain additives that make you feel tired, sluggish, and slow. Eating the right foods promote glowing skin and an energetic and positive mind.
- Water is the number one ingredient to feeling energised naturally and hydrated.
- Fatty fish like salmon, tuna, mackerel, and trout are filled with omega-3 fatty acids, considered good fats compared to saturated fats.
- Avocados include healthy fats that back your skin to stay tight and moisturised. It is also a great vitamin C and E source and skin supporter.
- Green tea is the armor against stress and aging, full of antioxidants.
- Dark chocolate is the sweet treat that smoothens the skin, filled with antioxidants,
- Carrots are the key to getting vitamin A into you, and it shields you against wrinkles and dying cells.
- Sunflower seeds have fatty and linoleic acids that promote healthy skin.
Be kind to your mind and manage stress effectively
It is true; we should all be a little nicer to ourselves. Don’t be so hard on yourself, and remember that everyone is on a journey that differentiates from yours. You are not competing with anyone but yourself. Always strive to be the best version of yourself.
Avoiding processed foods is crucial in managing stress because it can also alter how you react to certain situations, especially when you’re feeling run down, unhealthy, tired, and irrigated.
In some cases, eating too many processed meats, sugar, caffeine, and alcohol increases stress, makes the skin irritated, breaks out, and lowers self-esteem.
Foods to avoid are:
- High-sugar drinks
- High-carb potatoes chips
- Deep-fried food.
Remember, the want to be happy and healthy comes from within. Humans can only be mentally and physically healthy if they start by loving themselves, and the rest will fall into place.
Kute Skincare takes pride in promoting natural skincare and remedies to everyday women.